Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Visit Site Blank Page

dominikldominikl New
edited December 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,
I tried to set up the vanillaforum and everything seems to work fine.
I can enter the Dashboard and change the different settings. But when I try to Visit the Forum it just shows a Blank page.
Firebug reveals that the page and only includes an empty html head and body tag.
I am using one.com for hosting, which only allows my to have 1 database and 1 user, so i thought that maybe the user does not have enough privileges, but the customer support assured me, that apart from creating users I have all the privliges.

Since I dont have alot of experience, I would be really glad if you have any Ideas on why this problem arises.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dominikldominikl New
    edited December 2015

I enabled debugging by adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to /conf/config.php. and I changed ini_set('display_errors', 0); to ini_set('display_errors', 1); in index.php. Also I tried to upload the Vanilla forum files multiple times, but I only see a blank page

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

go into the cache files and delete the .ini files from the forum cache. Look in the cgi error log from your host to further pinpoint the error. Make sure the host supports the php version and that the module required are on.

Did you go through the set up screen ? we need to know the steps you made in order to help you.

• Options

Now it workes =) i changed the php version from 7 to 5.6. Thanks alot