Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding Tags field to mobile theme?

I have an established forum that has happily uses the FOSS version of Vanilla (v2.1.8p2) for several years (thanks for that!).

Recently, we've wanted to start using the Tags feature a bit more prominently. The issue is that the custom theme I made for the forums (which is based on the default VF mobile theme) doesn't have the Tags fields appearing when you go to post a new discussion.

Is there a way to remedy this? Do I need to override something in the theme class?

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2016

@khalwat said:
    Do I need to override something in the theme class?

No, you need to add the panel asset to your theme. The default mobile theme for vanilla does not contain most of anything. If you want to have the stuff that normally shows on the panel in the desktop , you need to add the missing stuff into your mobile theme template.

• khalwatkhalwat New
    edited January 2016

Awesome, thank you. Can you point me to an example of a theme that does this? I did look through the "Embed Friendly" theme to see if I could find how this was getting added, but the "Embed Friendly" theme didn't seem to have a whole lot to it, either.

Try out my themes for mobile I have many, just go to my addon section in my page and pick one

• hmmm, thanks for the input. I added a panel asset to my default_master.tpl but even though the panel appears in the theme now, the tags do not appear in the Post New Discussion page.

I inspected both the desktop theme (where the tags appear) and the mobile theme (where they do not), and the <div class="Form-Tags P" just isn't there on mobile. Puzzling. I'll download a theme of yours to see if I can see anything else I'm missing.

• This is really stupid. So it ends up being that the Tags I was talking about is the ability to add tags to a discussion when posting a new discussion.

This is provided by the Tagging plugin. All I had to do was add:

'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,

To the plugin, and it all works. It wasn't theme-related at all. Sorry if I wan't clear in my initial post, I hope this saves someone some time.

edited January 2016

@khalwat said:
    This is really stupid. So it ends up being that the Tags I was talking about is the ability to add tags to a discussion when posting a new discussion.

This is provided by the Tagging plugin. All I had to do was add:

'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,

To the plugin, and it all works. It wasn't theme-related at all. Sorry if I wan't clear in my initial post, I hope this saves someone some time.

That may be because you added the panel asset ? that module only appears in the panel. Maybe try to remove the panel asset from your mobile theme and see if it still loads on mobile to confirm your conclusion....