Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla not sending emails after I moved my forum to digital ocean

I had vanilla forum on godaddy which I moved to digital ocean. I did a mysql dump and imported it in digitalocean droplet and copied my forum files. Everything is working fine except for two issues:

1- It is more sending emails for posts

2- I had to disable url_rewrite in config due to which index.php is appearing in each link, it doesn't work otherwise

I have installed sendmail, tried adding gmail smtp server but it doesn't work. If I add smtp server save the settings and refresh the page the mail setting page loses all the settings.

Comments

• Options

I had to enable mod_rewrite

• Options

Emails going to spam.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited January 2016

@adnan_kamili

When I switched to DO from Bluehost, I had some domain specific email addresses I wanted to keep, and ended up using Zoho mail which is free for up to 10 domain addresses, and that works fine in Vanilla using the SMTP server option.

Users on here strongly recommended against trying to run my own mail server.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

If you are using nginx see here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/231438#Comment_231438

to see how to enable pretty urls

If you are using apache, search on here for how to edit the htaccess file.