Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Side Panel Links : Exemple

Hi,

We can put a list of examples to understand?

Sorry because I am French and translation of your plugin's hard for me.

Thanks

Tof

Comments

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

I just uploaded two screenshots for you. One shows the admin panel for the plugin and a definition of a link called "Movies". In this example the required permission (you don't have to require permissions) is to see prefixes set by the PrefixDiscussion plugin. Then the link itself could be anything valid - a link to an external site or a link to something inside Vanilla. The example I used filters discussions that have "Movies" as their prefix (again, I use the PrefixDiscussion plugin). Also, the url itself uses the FilterDiscussion plugin.

But you don't have to have any of these plugins. What I am showing just happens to be what we have on our non-public site.

Bon chance!

• OK,
    Thank you for your answer

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

je vous en prie

• @rbrahmson vous parlez français ??? ;)

très peu;-(

• So where can we get information about controllers? I have no clue what I can do with this... thank you

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@rkleemann

It's not clear why you have posted that question here.

If you have a question related to the plugin it would be better to start a new thread, using the Ask a Question button on the plugin page, and give more detail about what you are trying to do, what you have done, and what you are finding difficult.
    If it isn't about this plugin, start a new thread in the relevant category.

• I apologize if I wasn't clear. I ran into this plugin and was trying to understand what sort of panel links this can be used for. When I installed the plugin and went to the configurations page I was completely confused about the controllers. I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't really know what the controllers are and how they can be used, and what sort of links can be constructed for this plugin

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Without looking at the plugin it is not possible to answer your question. Therefore it would be helpful to have a better description. But looking at the screenshot that the plugin provides, I guess I know what you are asking about. I think you refer to the "Specify which Vanilla controllers should include the side panel"

Basically it is a "on which page should it be shown". Vanilla is based on a MVC framework and therefore pages and controllers have a connection (which I right now do not have the time to explain, sorry)
    If you want to see that panel on the yourforum.com/categories page, you would have to add "categoriescontroller" to the list. If ist should be shown on pages where a single discussion is shown - yourforum.com/discussion/123/whatever - you would have to include discussioncontroller.

I hope I could make it clear... =)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@rkleemann said:
    I don't really know what the controllers are

It's just a nerdish term for page... it sounds ominous I know.. Kontroller would sound even more intimidating. lol

The reason why it is called that and not just page, is because it is a view compiled to render an output . Each "view" is a controller/page and they are named based on what page they operate on.

Discussions controller is the Discussions Index Page
    Categories controller is the Categories Index page
    Entry Controller is the sign in page

etc.

So to pick where you want the links to render, you would pick the controller/page