Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Any free hosting services that are compatible with Vanilla?

Hey all.

I am trying to see if there are any legitimate free hosting services that will let me implement a Vanilla-based forum. At the moment, I'm still a student and I can only allocate so much monthly fees.

If that is too much of a pipe dream, then I at least want to find a fairly priced hosting service with Cloud capabilities as I have no room at home for a physical server (don't even have a spare computer that could be repurposed into a DNS server).\

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The honest answer based on my experience is no. Free means you have limits beyond what you need to successfully run this software or other software. It is a waste of time.

You can actually get a host for about 30 bucks a year and get much more. If you can't afford 30 bucks a year then you should try the free stuff but don't expect happy results.

• Options

thanks for the info.

i assume most of these value hosting services provides Cloud-based services, primarily for the DNS? I know most do, I just would like to get an idea which company offers the best for value. Don't have room for physical servers at home.

• Options

and is there a way to test out administrating a Vanilla-based forum? kind of like an offline sandbox?

if not, what free services will let me do this temporarily? I tried implementing Vanilla on my JPN Geocities site, but it won't accept any Perl files.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can install a copy locally in your computer to test and develop.

Here is a list of free hosting , try them out.

http://www.webhostingbest10.com/free-web-hosting