Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notification and page activity: layout error

TofTof
edited February 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Vanilla 2.2
Theme Bootstrap
Serveur de Test : http://88.181.151.128:8080/

Hi all,

I have a layout problem with 2 pages:

http://88.181.151.128:8080/activity

http://88.181.151.128:8080/profile/notifications

Here are two pages that ask me a problem

Thank you for your help

Thanks to you

Tof

PS: I guess this is my friend who brought me vrijvlinder changes on BADGES page :

http://88.181.151.128:8080/yaga/badges

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Not all pages use the table mode so it might be that you changed it to modern or mixed and that messed up the style on the rest.

Here is a sprite for the yaga reactions, try the color change , change the name of image to action-sprites-bordered-1.png

add it to your theme images folder then add this into csseditor

.ReactSprite {
    background-image: url('images/action-sprites-bordered-1.png');
    }

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@TOF: by now you've opened approximately 3 dozens of "Please solve my individual CSS problems" discussions. Don't you think one discussion would be enough?

To be honest: I do not read your discussions any more, so if you ever ask a Vanilla related question (CSS ≠ Vanilla), I will most probably not see it. They simply drown in your other questions...

• Options
    TofTof
    edited February 2016

@R_J

Sorry, but an assessment had been done and I went from discovery to discovery

For cons, I would have to have the possibility of resolved my discussions !

The problems I encountered were not related to my needs but between bugs or errors various and varied VANILLA 2.2, plugin or with theme Bootstrap

I know my discussions provide assistance to what will want to use the theme VANILLA 2.2 with BOOTSTRAP

After, if you have more desire to help me, it's not worth it to justify yourself =)

Thank you for your previous support

• Options
    TofTof
    edited February 2016

@vrijvlinder thank for your help,

Also, the resolution is really low

I'll see to remake the image with better resolution with photoshop

Thank you again

• Options

@R_J said:
    To be honest: I do not read your discussions any more, so if you ever ask a Vanilla related question (CSS ≠ Vanilla), I will most probably not see it. They simply drown in your other questions...

I have to disagree, Tof has been meticulous about giving the right information in his OP for someone to help him. His questions serve as an example of how to ask a question and get help quickly avoiding us from having to ask for a link every time or what theme or vanilla version. He provides the info needed for me to help him. And has been resourceful at helping himself when no one else would.

It is a pleasure to help people who help themselves.

If you or someone else do not want to help, you don't have to. I recall you telling me that once or more times when I posted a comment on someone's Question in which I asked the user to look it up because he was being lazy.... other times, was told by moderators that I was rude or mean and that I had the option to not answer... touche

casting stones in glass houses is not a good idea... eh?

I have been helping Tof with his forum this whole time even if it's in french... I don't mind. The only thing I don't like is when other chefs are in the kitchen and I don't know what ingredients they used for the soup...

Tofs questions in general will help others at the very least, to learn to post relevant info. If I see someone asking for help and they do not provide all the relevant info and I have to ask and pull teeth so they do, I Ignore those... because people need to learn how to help themselves . If a person shows effort and their forum is a serious thing for them, I don't mind helping... You should not mind either if you can.

• Options
    noncenonce Necro-on Forensics
    edited February 2016

after scanning discussions, I see same patterns you to see. Poor guidelines lead to confusion. little direction. one day "no question is too silly". next day "question is too silly". One day complete detailed answer, next day one line answer with little help. Push-pull among volunteers questioner and voluteer answerer and among each other. No question too silly lead to silly questions that have no relationship to forum. same question again lead to repeat question which drown out new questions. Tighter, better guideline lead to better questions. Stack exchange may be a model to look at. repeat questions marked as repeat and closed. questions not relating closed. valid questions answered. stack exchange better in 3 ways: better moderation on stack exchange and clearer guidelines and better moderation tools.

As vanilla matures maybe clearer forum guidelines matures as well with tools available to moderators to do the best job that can be done to cut out chaff and encourage wheat via plugin.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@vrijvlinder: great that you help him and enjoy it. I'm really happy that he gets help for his CSS questions and Tof is happy, too.
    I asked if he really think he has to ask the questions in more than one discussion and he had taken a thought about it and made a decision.

No stones, no glasshouses. Everybody's happy here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7eQpVYe3g&list=RDyz7eQpVYe3g

• Options

@nonce said:
    after scanning discussions, I see same patterns you to see. Poor guidelines lead to confusion. little direction. one day "no question is too silly". next day "question is too silly". One day complete detailed answer, next day one line answer with little help. Push-pull among volunteers questioner and voluteer answerer and among each other. No question too silly lead to silly questions that have no relationship to forum. same question again lead to repeat question which drown out new questions. Tighter, better guideline lead to better questions. Stack exchange may be a model to look at. repeat questions marked as repeat and closed. questions not relating closed. valid questions answered. stack exchange better in 3 ways: better moderation on stack exchange and clearer guidelines and better moderation tools.

As vanilla matures maybe clearer forum guidelines matures as well with tools available to moderators to do the best job that can be done to cut out chaff and encourage wheat via plugin.

lmao, try doing this for over 3 years and then come back with your opinion...

Yes there is such a thing as a silly question and it should be pointed out to the person in order to help them learn how to make intelligent questions. However sometimes people get bored and no intelligent questions arise so out of sheer boredom people will answer. But if the person starts to be a troll asking one after another silly dumb ass question without even searching the forum for answers first, specifically the Tutorial section, I ignore the rest of their posts because they show to be lazy . Maybe others will help the individual, that is why it is called voluntary.

We are not robots, we are people with different personalities and age groups. And have invested a lot of time from our lives into helping people. Those of us who have contributed greatly to this community with free addons and themes, deserve to be allowed to bicker if the need arises. And we can also be sarcastic, and funny and even mean sometimes... because we are humans...

• Options

@R_J said:
    @vrijvlinder: great that you help him and enjoy it. I'm really happy that he gets help for his CSS questions and Tof is happy, too.

I thought you were german :P