Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remove BigCount and SpFlyoutHandle from categories' heading?

XDDDXDDD New
edited February 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have searched some discussions but still didn't get my solution. :o
Could someone help me to remove 'BigCount' and 'SpFlyoutHandle' from categories' heading?

Answers

• Just add

.BigCount{ display: none; }

and

.SpFlyoutHandle{ display: none; }

To to your CSS. If you have the CSSEdit plugin, open it in your dashboard and put it there. Otherwise, add it to:

[forum directory]/themes/[your theme]/design/custom.css

Keep in mind that this will not hide the data itself, just prevent it from being displayed.

• XDDDXDDD New
    edited March 2016

Thanks! But I just want to make .SpFlyoutHandle and .BigCount removed in the red circle, not all of them. How to make it happen?

• You mean just on the headings.

grep is your friend.

• If you learn to use a web inspector you can answer these sort of styling questions yourself. All you need do in modern browser is right can click inspect to bring it up.

grep is your friend.

• EclipseEclipse New
    edited March 2016

@XDDD Try using instead:

.CategoryName + .BigCount.CountDiscussions, .BigCount.CountComments{ display: none; }

and

.CategoryName .SpFlyoutHandle{ display: none; }

You could also try:

.CategoryName ~ .BigCount{ display: none; }

But this will disable the counts on the threads if threads have the same parent as categories; I can't test my own forum at the moment.

Chrome's Developer Tools will save you mountains of time with these types of things