HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

default.master.tpl localization

Hi, everyone!

I added {literal}Project{/literal} to default.master.tpl and got new link "Project" in menu.

It works but how to translate "Project"?

The string $Definition['Project'] = 'ХХХ'; in my site_core.php doesn't work. :3

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2016 Answer ✓

That's odd.

In my test forum I can type Greek characters or Cyrillic characters for the link name, and they show up in the menu as expected.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    Answer ✓
    <a href="#">{t c="Project"}</a>

Answers

Am I missing something obvious? Why wouldn't you just type what you want the name of the link to be between the <a> </a> tags?

• mirXmirX
    edited March 2016

Thanks @whu606!

Of course I typed the name of the link in my native language and abracadabra showing up

In English everything is OK.

edited March 2016 Answer ✓

That's odd.

In my test forum I can type Greek characters or Cyrillic characters for the link name, and they show up in the menu as expected.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    Answer ✓

• @whu606 написал:
    That's odd.

Thanks @whu606 once more for your hint. It's realy simple and I hope it will be useful for all guys who use non-latin characters and tpl-based themes.

It is necessary to save and reupload the default.master.tpl as Unicode (without BOM) file and in this case all non-latin words show up as expected.

• @R_J написал:

Thank you @R_J for assistance. You way is also working fine!