Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

After update: No discussions on smartphones (in all themes)

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited March 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

I recently updated a board from 2.1 to 2.2. Everything seemed to work fine, just... that when i open the forum on my smartphone it doesn't show any discussions. Not on the mobile theme as well as not on the desktop theme (looked at from the smartphone). It just says: "No discussion yet". I have update quiet some boards before and followed the upgrade guides.

Did anyone experience this before. I could also not find anything here on the forums.

Thanx for idea, phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Problem found. The upgrade changed the GDN_Role table in a weird way and i was confused. Basically i looked around everywhere until i found out i might not be logged in on the smartphone anymore. So this was the reason, i couldn't see any posts as Guests were not allowed to view discussions.

If that happens to you. Copy GDN_Table of a fresh Vanilla install and replace this data with your current GDN_Role. Then make sure every user has the correct rights. Do this while you are logged in the Dashbaord as Admin, it occured to me that my Admin rights were also gone.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla