Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Email notifications not working

Running 2.2, and a user reported he was no longer receiving email notifications of PM's, messages he bookmarked, etc. We verified this internally, and there are no emails being sent. I tested the password reset - and the email came through without any problems, so the forum is able to send emails... it's just not sending notification emails, even when everything is checked in notification preferences.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I think you should check the log on SMTP server.

But it might be also related to the host server. I have experienced that the same program files, same SMTP settings, one is working well on DigitalOcean server, but the one on Godaddy server failed, although I have checked that Godaddy server can send out emails. Mailchimp plugin worked well on it, but built-in SMTP always failed.

• I am using SendGrid for the emails, and have never had an issue. The forum still sends emails on new registrations, password resets, etc. so the SMTP settings are working. It's ONLY the notification emails that aren't being sent.

• Still can't get this to work. Anyone have any ideas?

• edited April 2016

(edit) sorry, it double posted

• I tried disabling all plugins, and it did not help.

Again, it DOES send emails on registration, but not confirmation emails, so I know it's not an SMTP issue. I am testing this myself, with an account that has ALL options checked for confirmation emails.

Version 2.2, no modified core files. Any ideas?

• Forgot to include- I checked SMTP logs:

The notification emails do not show up in the SMTP logs at all. They aren't even reaching the SMTP server.
    New registration emails (which are working) do show up in the SMTP logs.