Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Steam Plugin not working and settings page 404

Is this plugin still compatible with Vanilla 2.2? And if not is there any other steam plugins that do work with this version, because so far the ones I have tried don't work

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

As the author of the plugin, I can tell you that I haven't tested it on Vanilla 2.1 or later (it's written in the plugin description, now I made it clearer).

Since I don't work with Vanilla Forums anymore, I didn't have the chance to test newer versions.

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA

That sucks to hear, @businessdad. I use to follow your plugins pretty closely. I even bought the "Awards (Badges) for Vanilla Forums 2.0" back in Aug 13, 2013. The Steam Sign In plugin seems like a pretty awesome plugin and I'd love to use it as well. Would you mind making it 2.2+ compatible? :)

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Unfortunately, as I wrote I don't use Vanilla Forums anymore. I moved to a completely different market before 2.1 became official, I haven't even downloaded 2.2. At the moment, I don't plan to start using it, as I don't have any project that requires a forum lined up.

The good news is that all my plugins are now free to download and customise, if anyone wants to do it. There are several skilled freelancers who could do that for you. I don't offer my services, in this case, because I wouldn't be competitive, having to factor in the time to figure out of Vanilla 2.2 works.

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA

Sounds good, @businessdad. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I wish you the best!

• GalexrtGalexrt New
    edited October 2016

I have updated the plugin to work with Vanilla Froums 2.2 (maybe even works with 2.1).
    The plugin page can be found: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/galexsteamsignin-plugin
    The Github repo is here: https://github.com/galexrt/vanilla-steamsignin