Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help! Can't Disable Plugins or Switch themes all of a sudden!

I installed Vanilla 2.2 a couple days ago and today all of a sudden I am unable to Disable any plugin or Apply themes. This worked a day or two ago but now I have no idea why this is happening. When I click on the 'Disable' or 'Apply' buttons, the page reloads but the action does not take place. I opened up the Developer Tools bar in Chrome and I don't see any errors there. Any ideas on why this is happening or how I can debug this?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can disable plugins by changing True to False in the config.php for enabled plugins in question. You can set the default theme there too while you trouble shoot .

• Looks like it was a permissions problem, once I set it to 777 it is fixed!

THanks!

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@heat23: 777 is not necessarily a good idea for the config.php.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You can use this bash commands to set the file permissions in your vanilla folder to a slightly less insecure 775 for the config

find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} +
    find ./ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} +
    chmod -R 775 cache/
    chmod -R 775 uploads
    chmod 775 conf/config.php

• @R_J said:
    You can use this bash commands to set the file permissions in your vanilla folder to a slightly less insecure 775 for the config

find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} +
    find ./ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} +
    chmod -R 775 cache/
    chmod -R 775 uploads
    chmod 775 conf/config.php

Thank you!!