HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

List all thread a user has particpated in

Is there a way to show all threads a user has participated in - in date form?

There is already a way to show Discussions started (my Discussions) and list all comments (My Comments), but the really useful one is missing. Showing a list of ALL threads, with who started and posted last — this is critcal to allow seasoned members to avoid all posts (where there might be a lot of noise) and head straight to the good stuff.

Maybe I've missed something? Or perhaps there's a plugin?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Do you mean https://vanillaforums.org/discussions/participated ?
    There is the plugin "Participated" for this.

• Options

Hard for me to tell as the first link you posted didn't show any threads/comments which makes me think the plugin ONLY looks at threads which a member has NOT started... where as I'm looking to show ALL threads a member as contributed too, regardless if they have started them.

• Options

Of course, now I have added a second post to this thread It's showing. Up in 'participated' but that's quite an obscure and specific piece of functionality when I'd surely most users just want a list of all posts?

• Options
    edited April 2016

I've never really used it, but you are correct. That is the functionality I would prefer, too. The description of the plugin shows, that the intention is to show only comments. But you can change it to act like you want to by inserting ->OrWhere('d.InsertUserID', $UserID) below ->Where('c.InsertUserID', $UserID) (line 68 of the plugin).

In order not to mess up anything, you should consider copying the folder and rename that to "CustomParticipated". You have to also change lines 12 and 27 of your copy to reflect that.

• Options

Thanks R_J - Very helpful.

Out of interest do you know what the plugin is above used for "Flag, Quote, insightful, Awesome etc?"

Ta

• Options

These are more than one plugins icons.
    Vanilla comes with the plugins Flagging and Quotes.
    "Promote, Awesome, Insightful, LOL" are built by a closed source plugin that is only available for hosted forums. There is a very professional alternative available for free, though no one would stop you from showing your respect monetary ;)
    The Twitter and Facebook icons should be available after you've fully configured the Twitter/Facebook plugin that comes with Vanilla.

• Options

Yeah thanks. Realise that now.

Thanks for the recommendation / info.