Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wordpress bridge, not signing out of vanilla after wordpress signout

Ive got the bridge almost fully working through SSO with a wordpress installation but after a few tests I tried signing out first on vanilla and also first on wordpress but neither works so that both accounts signout at the same time. Which is kind of a big security issue for users.

Any help with this issue?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Might have to do with the cookies .

• Options

Now I've found a loop/bug in which after I logged in with wordpress I cant seem to be able to log in with vanilla. Forum homepage and vanilla comments on wordpress posts look as if the user is logged in but as soon as I try to take any action, post any comments or view another category it appears as if the account is signed out and the "Sign in with wordpress" button appears on the side however when I click on it the same happens again and always keeps happening, even after I've signed out/signed in from wordpress. So Im effectively locked out of this account due to this bug.

The bridge was working fine until I tested the signout

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Try to delete the cookies. Vanilla and WP use a cookie , it might need to be the same … but not sure, I think this has come up before . Maybe someone can shed some light.. while I search for a better answer… :(