HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Privacy Policy display ?

zydar16zydar16 New
edited May 2016 in Localization

Hi,

I just beggin using VanillaForum, i found no information about that so i try posting here :)

I ran into a small problem into a translation thing, i use the locale FR provided by the stuff but i still view "privacy policy", is there any file to edit for translate this ? (vanilla forum 2.2, and the latest locale :))

By the way, thanks to the devs and the community for that level of simplicity (i used other forum and it's easier :D)

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I agree that it would be the easiest thing if the content would be translatable, but it would be somehow wrong. "My custom pages privacy policy" is not a translation for the enclosed "Vanilla privacy policy" it is more an interpretation...

Indeed that one is not as easy as other things in Vanilla :(

But you can solve it quite easy if you have a custom theme. Simply copy the file /applications/dashboards/views/home/privacypolicy.php to /themes/yourtheme/views/home/privacypolicy.php and translate your copy.

If you do not have a custom, you would need a plugin. There already is one: https://vanillaforums.org/addon/privacynotice-plugin

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Thanks for plugging my plugin @R_J <3

This plugin does what you need, if you run into any issues please don't hesitate to ask.

Ce plugin fait ce que vous avez besoin, si vous rencontrez des problèmes s'il vous plaît ne pas hésiter à me demander de l'aide.