Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Internal Server Error 500" after upgrading to 2.2.1

Hello everyone,

I left a message in another thread pertaining to this issue, but while attempting to troubleshoot it myself (with no success), I saw in the dashboard instructions to create a new thread if we have trouble while upgrading, so I've done so i the hopes I can resolve this problem (and left a link to this thread).

So:

I've upgraded from 2.2 to 2.2.1, and then encountered an "Internal Server Error 500". I checked the error log on the server, and it provides this information:

**PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/php_curl.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/php_curl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
I have no idea what this means, or what I should do to fix it - any help would be appreciated.

I have disabled all my plugins, and deleted all the "ini" in the cache as instructed, but sadly to no avail.

Do I need to change a line of code somewhere for this to work? Thank you for any insights and solutions.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Error 500 is almost always a configuration problem. It looks like you do not have the PHPs curl extension. Contact your hosting provider and/or install it by yourself if you know how to do.
    By the way: you are using PHP 5.3 and the next Vanilla version will require at least 5.4 so you might want to update your PHP installation to be prepared.

• @R_J said:
    Error 500 is almost always a configuration problem. It looks like you do not have the PHPs curl extension. Contact your hosting provider and/or install it by yourself if you know how to do.
    By the way: you are using PHP 5.3 and the next Vanilla version will require at least 5.4 so you might want to update your PHP installation to be prepared.

Alright, thanks for all that info. I suppose I will just have to wait until my hosting provider gets back to me on this.

• I just want to share that the issue has been resolved after speaking with my hosting provider. Seemingly, as if they read RJ's mind, they also upgraded the PHP to 5.6 in the process of fixing the issue. Yahoo! Thanks again.