Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category As 'Label ' - New Discussion added in category

Dear Experts ,
I am a beginner to Vanilla Forums and looking for advise. I have setup Categories Hierarchy and one of category is displayed as heading. It has child categories to group discussions.

When i am adding a new discussion , can see Heading also as category to be selected . My Understanding is that Heading should not get any discussions as it's just for grouping , so it should be disabled

Is it a bug or we need to make any config change for that ??

Vanilla Forum Installation - 2.2.1

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You should be able to disable that in the dashboard. Do not use as heading needs to be de selected if you do not want to use it as heading when creating the category.

Simply edit the category...

• thanks for the information. Let me re-phrase my question !! i want to put categories in different sections . Now wht's the best way for it !! Say 1 Section has 2 categories , 2nd Section has 4 categories and So on .. Each Section should b clearly available as different like Heading , border , colors etc ....

i don't see configurations for this in 2.2 ... Many thanks in advance !!

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

If you mean How to create Categories and subcategories

Create the Category in the dashboard then create the subcategory under it and drag it a bit to the right . It will now appear as a subcategory.
    It's all drag and drop.