Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Email confirm links incorrect

2»

Comments

• Options

When the site was being built one of the main considerations was that the Forum MUST be embedded so there is no options on this. As I had said previously I choose Vanilla as all the documentation I read stated how good it was for Embedding.
    The reason i asked about moving some of the code in emailconfirm.php further down is that perhaps it was checking the database too quickly and maybe if it was in a different order that the script would see the confirm in the database.

• Options

This is a followup to my problem with the email confirm link displaying incorrectly. After much searching and reading on this site going through discussions dating back many years I finally found the answer !! A very SIMPLE addition to the config.php file!!
    I added this:
    $Configuration['Garden']['ExternalUrlFormat'] = 'http://mywebsite.com/wordpressembedpage/#/%s';
    The hashtag must be there. The old message I read didn't have the slash before the hashtag but I found it needed it there.
    That was it... that's all i had to do. A simple solution to my original question.

I post this for others with the same issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That is great and thanks for coming back and posting the solution !