Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Deleted User] Can't Be Removed From User List

Hello,

I recently noticed about 400 instances of [Deleted User] showing up as banned users in our user list. However, the delete function to remove these does not work. Do these need to be removed from the database, or is there another way to purge these?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited June 2016

@Bridgetheory said:
    Hello,

I recently noticed about 400 instances of [Deleted User] showing up as banned users in our user list. However, the delete function to remove these does not work. Do these need to be removed from the database,

NO, it is not necessary. 400 rows of users is not going to have any significant performance impact.

[Deleted User] Can't Be Removed From User List

"Deleted User" is just a place holder in the User Table, if you are certain the user has all content deleted in all other tables you could safely remove the row with phpmyadmin. If the banned users content (posts, conversations, activity data profile date, etc.) wasn't deleted, you could unbanned each user probably and delete the user with all content, then delete the "Deleted User" in User Table and User Role row manually if it was that important to you, but backup your database first.

Probably safer to just leave it be, if you had thousands of "Deleted User" it might be worth the trouble, but hardly worth if for 400.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.