Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How could NillaBlog work without Categories.

2»

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@ddumont said:
    It looks like they changed code on me and arrays are not serialized anymore

That is true. This has been the case since 2.1 .

• @ddumont said:
    Do you know the categoryId of the category you made?

I'm sorry I don't understand what your asking for.

• Well that's unfortunate... Like I said, I don't have a bunch of time to keep up with their backcompat breaking changes any more.

However if anyone wants to offer patches to get this to work correctly in newer Vanilla versions, I'd happily take a patch.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @ddumont said:
    Well that's unfortunate... Like I said, I don't have a bunch of time to keep up with their backcompat breaking changes any more.

However if anyone wants to offer patches to get this to work correctly in newer Vanilla versions, I'd happily take a patch.

Yeah. <3

edited June 2016

@ItsMohammadFl said:

@ddumont said:

The Category ID is the number of the Category and you can find it by inspecting the code using a web inspector.

It is not the name of the category. For example: General CategoryID= 1 or whatever the number the Category got when you created it.

try to add the Category ID manually from the config.php

$Configuration['Plugins']['NillaBlog']['CategoryIDs'] =array('1','2','3','4');

• if you can find the number, you might be able to rely on array de-serialization... but it's a long shot.

My setting looks like:
    $Configuration['Plugins']['NillaBlog']['CategoryIDs'] = 'a:1:{i:0;s:1:"9";}';
    Because 9 is the category id. You can try setting that... it might work... it might not...

I sent a ping out to Todd to see if I could cash in on a favor (I found a security bug for them a few years ago). Maybe he can whip up some magic. Shrug

• @vrijvlinder said:

@ItsMohammadFl said:

@ddumont said:

The Category ID is the number of the Category and you can find it by inspecting the code using a web inspector.

It is not the name of the category. For example: General CategoryID= 1 or whatever the number the Category got when you created it.

Yeah.... I don't know lol.

• @ddumont said:
    if you can find the number, you might be able to rely on array de-serialization... but it's a long shot.

My setting looks like:
    Because 9 is the category id. You can try setting that... it might work... it might not...

I sent a ping out to Todd to see if I could cash in on a favor (I found a security bug for them a few years ago). Maybe he can whip up some magic. Shrug

Okay, thank!

edited June 2016

@ddumont said:

That is the serialization that is no longer in use. You need to do a straight array.

$Configuration['Plugins']['NillaBlog']['CategoryIDs'] =array('1','2','3','4'); // this is a long array unserialized

or

$Configuration['Plugins']['NillaBlog']['CategoryIDs'] =['1','2','3','4'];//this is a short array unserialized only works with php 5.4 and up

• That really doesn't help me though... I may know how to write an array literal in code... but Vanilla writes out that file, not me.

No more serialized arrays since 2.1

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@vrijvlinder said:
    No more serialized arrays since 2.1

That's wrong. You can use arrays in config up to the current stable version, which is 2.2 by now. Support for arrays in configurations is dropped in the current beta version of 2.3

@ItsMohammadFl: if you do your first steps with Vanilla, you should stick to the stable version.

@ddumont: I would have tried myself on a pull request but I do not think it is useful unless Vanilla 2.3 is realeased. I still hope this design decision will be reversed.

See here for more information: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/4043

The essence of making this change would be that you couldn't easily use a checkBoxList for configurations any more.

@R_J said:That's wrong. You can use arrays in config up to the current stable version, which is 2.2 by now. Support for arrays in configurations is dropped in the current beta version of 2.3

I never said "arrays" are not supported. I said they don't get serialized any more.

'a:1:{i:0;s:1:"9";}'; <this no more