HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Van2Shout Update? Unable to see typed messages

I have installed this plugin, looks simple and just something i need.

However there is an error. Messages upon typing and clicking "send" do not appear, you only see them if you refresh the page.
Also it seems that auto-refresh (default 5 seconds) doesn't work too. (have no idea if that is some kind of a cloudflare problem tho)

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• edited July 2016

@vrijvlinder thanks i've seen that thread already but it seems that the attached version in that thread also has a problem with displaying options inside admin + when i added define('VAN2SHOUT_ASSETTARGET', 'Content'); it didn't show chat at all.

The original plugin works just fine, except the fact that it doesn't do auto-reload so after you write something you have to press refresh. Any workaround for that?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Did you delete the .ini files in the cache folder?

Usually that needs to be done if you modify plugins or themes or when you upload other versions.

I do not have that issue with the version attached in that discussion. It may be your own issue having to do with either browser settings or the settings for the plugin itself and or your server.

Setting the chat to refresh faster has detrimental effects in some cases. but it should work well in real time.

• Well i do have cache enabled so you might be right, i will give it a try again, will report how it turns out.

• edited July 2016

Nope, still not working. Cleared vanilla cache (ini files), cleared cloudflare cache, browser hard refresh...still same thing.

Also there are no settings available in dashboard for that attached version (the official plugin shows settings correctly).

• both versions don't do auto-refresh

Missing settings:

Missing settings button in plugin directory:

Is it just that it needs to be updated or what?

My vanilla version is: 2.2
    Theme is: Bitter Sweetversion 1.1by Mark O'Sullivan

• can you go to the settings page via url? http://yourdomain.com/dashboard/settings/van2shout

edited July 2016

@MarcusMaximus said:
    Missing settings:

The settings button appears in the left hand panel where it says Addons in the dashboard.

• edited July 2016

@jackmaessen @vrijvlinder yeah i can enter the settings, it's the first screenshot.

These are the only options available in settings:

Evidently options are missing and something is not working as intended. Also as i sad the attached "repeated" version of plugin doesn't do the auto-refresh as well, just like the official plugin.

Any way to set this up?

• I would say: disable all the plugins, only van2shout enabled and look if everything works fine...

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited July 2016

Disable Van2Shout plugin.
    Delete the Van2Shout Folder Entirely
    Disable other Plugins via the dashboard
    Delete the .ini files in cache.
    Switch to Default theme
    Disable Cloudflare
    Download version 1.061 of plugin and copy to plugins forlder.
    Enable Van2Shout Plugin via the dashboard.
    Set permissions and options and test.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited July 2016

My vanilla version is: 2.2

better to use Vanilla 2.2.1 regarding security updates and fixes.

@vrijvlinder said:
    It works for me ...

which version of vanilla?

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

edited July 2016

@River said:
    which version of vanilla?

I don't like the cloud flare version which is why I use the old one. I forgot to mention to disable cloud flare if you use the old one.