Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem when clicking "Sign In"

Hello, I have am trying to make a SSO with Vanilla and wordpress. I'm 90% done.

**One problem: **

I created some "fake" vanilla users from the dashboard. No real Emails because they just are fake accounts and i generate the password. So I click "Sign In" and it brings me to a page that asks for wordpress.com login and i dont use wordpress.com i use wordpress.org. It also gives no windows to type user name password. You have to click one of the two links and one of the links it gives is wordpress.com (as stated above)

Anyways I am almost 100% certain this is a problem within wordpress because i had the exact same problem when hitting "register" i had to click Settings>General>Membership and checkbox "anyone can register", within wordpress to fix the problem.

If anyone knows how my users could click on "Sign In" and actually be brought to a page that lets them sign in right away please let me know! Help appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

"anyone can register"

You probably need to use an SSO plugin for your worpress.org installation or settings to allow people who have a worpress.com become users. People with a wordpress.org can't be users because it is your own hosted website and not part of wordpress.com which is the free hosting type system and they have User accounts.

So , SSO works to get people who have a free account with worpress.com to register into your blog. If I want to register, and have also a wp.org account , I would not be able. I would need my wp.com free account to be able to register as a user.

Try doing it by creating a user in worpress.com and trying to log into your forum or blog..