Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Page scrolls up when login/register window appears in comments on wordpress site. Need help

Dmitry33Dmitry33 New
edited August 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, People!

Could you please help me with my problem?

I've connected vanilla comments for my wordpress site via WP plugin. But every time when user clicks on "Comment as" button or the comments field, it appears login/register pop up window and the page scrolls up! Every time! I have no idea how to fix it and need your help.

Does anybody know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully
Dmitry

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Have you checked if you have the settings right to allow logged in users to add comments in the forum?

Can't guess really without a link to experience the error and inspect the code.

Please give a link

to the stand alone forum

to the embedded forum in WP

also if you want more in depth help if just inspecting the code is not enough, please create an admin test account on the forum so we can log in and check your settings if necessary. To avoid that, of course you can post a screenshot of your embed settings as well as your permissions for members or anyone else who have this problem .

This sort of thing to me sounds like a Java Script error. it could be from a plugin. Disable all plugins except those essential , and see if the issue goes away.

If the problem you describe does not happen on the stand alone forum, then it could be something to do with WP and how you embedded the comments.

• Options

Thank for your help, vrijvlinder.

Here are the links:

WP Page with embedded comments: http://j-design.pro/ura-my-zapustili-novyj-forum/
    (Sorry, it's in Russian but it makes no sence)

Standalone forum page: http://forum.j-design.pro/index.php?p=/discussion/30/ura-my-zapustili-novyy-forum-shkola-sovremennogo-yuvelirnogo-dizayna-j-design-pro#latest

Could you please check them. Try to register and add a comment.

We checked all java scripts and there are no problems as it seems.