Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to link to Google web fonts

Forgive a newby question. I've just installed Vanilla open source 2.2.1 and have added a simple custom theme.
My question is as stated. How or where should I add a line to link to Google webfonts (These aren't the fonts I'll be adding, they are from another website I run):

<link href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=PT+Sans+Narrow:400,700|Ubuntu+Light" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

What I'm finding with both the default and custom theme is that the font on the laptop seems odd. On a larger monitor it looks okay. When I add a line defining font family to the custom.css file it works, but the font size is bigger than I'd like. If I set the font-size to 90% (or 0.9 em) it reverts back to the odd looking font. It's readable, however I want open sans, or sans serif or similar and I'm not getting that.

I've looked up this forum and there was one similar question but the answer wasn't sufficiently detailed for me to follow (it was just "use theme hooks", which I tried to figure out, but failed.) (The only other question was too old, and was about editing the main template, which I figure doesn't apply any more.)

If anyone can help out it would be great.

Comments