HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Skyrocketing Bounce Rate

I notice that when I paste a YouTube link that this plugin auto embeds it and that's what it's supposed to do. When I click the embedded video, it redirects my browser to the YouTube video instead of playing the video on the same page. As a result of this my forum has a huge bounce rate because much of the content I am testing is video embedded from YouTube.

Tagged:

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

On my site the video does play directly in the thread, rather than go to You Tube, so it is not the plugin causing that, but something else on your site.

• No i have the same problem too. It's vanilla problem with links...

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@MarcusMaximus said:
    No i have the same problem too. It's vanilla problem with links...

You need to check if you have anything that makes the links posted on your forum in the comments or discussions, open in a new window before you blame vanilla.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited August 2016

If you are going to post about problems. you will go round and round. it works. it doesn't work.

• 1 you need to specify if your forum is embedded or not. - usually more problems occur if forum is embedded.

• 2 you need to specify your OS, your web server type, and your version of php.

• 3 you also need to test with no other plugins or apps enabled and not embedded with default theme, and no changes to the core - fairly simple.

• 4 also specify which editor you are using and which mode html markdown bbcode wysiswyg and if you are using mobile.

you have a specific problem - give the specs. this is common problem. lack of specs problem takes forever to solve. no one can guess what environment you are using and what you have done to cause interference with plugin, if it is not a consistent problem with all users.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Open the console and you will see that there are JS errors. That, by the way, is no new finding: https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31305/broken-with-2-2#latest

One of the reasons why it is possible to ask questions that are connected to plugins is that those questions can be searched so that questions doesn't have to be repeated. "Broken with 2.2" could have been a hint... ;)