Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Setting a new photourl with each SSO

Hi all,

I've got an embedded Vanilla Forum up and running on a community site I'm building for a Nintendo 3DS animation application. Users create accounts on the 3DS and then can upload and view other's animations on the website. Users select one of their movies as their featured "poster" movie and I'd like to use its thumbnail image as their forum avatar. It works the first time I use jsConnect, but according to the docs, subsequent settings are ignore:

The Photo URL is accepted only if the user has not uploaded their own avatar in the forum yet, and it is a valid URL. Imported avatars (if you migrated to Vanilla from another platform) count as the user having uploaded their own avatar. [http://docs.vanillaforums.com/help/sso/jsconnect/]

Can I override this and make it so it always reads photourl and uses their most recent thumbnail?

Thanks,
Alan

Tagged:

Comments