Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Image missing in dashboard for mobile theme

edited August 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

How can I add an image to the dashboard for a mobile theme. I can activate them and they are working but want to add a demo pic.

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2016

you can create a screenshot.png which will automatically be shown in the dashboard. The key is to add it to the theme folder and call is screenshot.png

I have never seen a Prosper Mobile theme… did you create it ?

• Now, I read it in one of the discussions. Perhaps an outdated one ? hmm

• Solved !
    I renamed screenshot.png to mobile.png and it worked. :)

That looks like my theme , strange. I don't have a theme called Prosper Mobile…

You should try the theme DarkMetal, it looks like what you did to the Denim theme and has it's own matching mobile theme DarkMetalMobile…

• It is your theme and the reason I called it that way is because of this forum : https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31151/why-is-custom-mobile-theme-not-showing-on-dashboard . I just tried darkmetal and I like it but I need to figure out a way with some help of the masters, for the dropdown menu to work just like on the website.

It has a mobile theme to match called DarkMobile and it is the same as the desktop except made for mobile devices… if the menu worked for the desktop then the mobile should too.

That mobile theme called Prosper is based on a tpl default.master and the menus will not work like in the Denim or the DarkMetal because those use a php based default.master.

Two different types of theme. The mobile theme or Prosper mobile, is not going to work like Denim or DarkMetal. That is why I suggested you use those themes.

• Thank you for the good tip. I'm using the Darkmetal and Darkmobile theme and the menu on mobile works better. I don't know if it's because I'm using 2.2.1 and the darkmetal is 2.1 I'm having an issue with the position of my profile pic (see upload). I wonder which file I need to fix it's position. Will figure it out. Thanks a million.

• I just realized that it is the design but then I rather have it at the left side. Any idea where to start ?

edited August 2016

Yes I can help you to tighten the design. I back up my themes 100% and will make them work for you no matter what… It likely has to do with me. So I will fix anything needed.

I suggest you add the CSSEDIT plugin and make me an admin account so I can fix what is needed and input it into the plugin in the dashboard. I believe that the same changes would have the same effect on the themes no matter if for mobile or desktop.

Send any details to login via PM … This fix may be a really easy one.

• OK, I fixed that issue, aligning the profile picture to the left.
    Darkmetal Theme, Custom.css Line 972 : text-align: center; => text-align: left;

• My next challenge is to add my homepage link under the DISCUSSIONS tab and rename that tab to HOME - MENU and rename the MENU tab on the right to MY TABS. See image.