Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remove this?

JamesbroJamesbro New
edited September 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, Sir/Madame, i got trouble want to remove index.php i watched every single previous discussion how to remove php.index? I trying but still not working need help thanks. Version 2.2.1

Comments

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

See this discussion

• +rbrahmson still not working

• finally worked, thank you. i added this line to:$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = true;

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Which is exactly what was suggested in the link I suggested in my original response...
    Glad your issue is resolved.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@rbrahmson said:
    Which is exactly what was suggested in the link I suggested in my original response...
    Glad your issue is resolved.

Sometimes people need step by step instructions and are not good with research or problem solving….Sometimes even that does not help…. :open_mouth:

edited September 2016

All that was needed was to open that discussion by clicking on the link I provided...

IMHO placing the same answer in multiple discussions makes it harder to search the forum and find the best solution because inevitably every answer is a bit different and may lead to confusion. Not to mention that people use different titles on these discussion, oftentimes unclear titles (would anyone searching the forum and seeing the title "How to remove this?" know what this is about?)

So for these reasons I am think that if there is a clear and good solution in another discussion, it should be provided as the linked answer.

I do see your point - everyone is different and have their own habits and opinions. Always good to hear yours.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited September 2016

@rbrahmson said:
    All that was needed was to open that discussion by clicking on the link I provided...

you have to be cognizant that the op was not a native english speaker.

And you probably don't know what their web server is or was. It was NOT Apache but close enough.
    https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/web_server/all

Yes, adding the config statement allows vanilla to use pretty urls, it does not mean everything in the user setup is correct. and is not always the successful solution.

rbrahmson said: So for these reasons I am think that if there is a clear and good solution in another discussion, it should be provided as the linked answer.

this is why I provided answer it provides them with more info about other beginner questions.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220157/#Comment_220157

and this

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/243043/#Comment_243043

I also suggest a moderator at least change the category to 2.2 and possibly give this discussion a better title or appending - Using Pretty Urls - Resolved.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.