Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Switch back to mobile theme

2»

Answers

• @vrijvlinder i have nothing to do, i must use this script. i will backup my database everyday.
    and how they infect hosting servers? if they can do, i can infect my hosting servers right now, am i right? were you using version 2.0.18 when you hacked?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

were you using version 2.0.18 when you hacked?

Yes

how they infect hosting servers? if they can do

By exploiting vulnerabilities within the code. The reason for security patches, and for furthering versions of software are real.

You are free to use whatever you want. But you are on your own if you insist on using software version that is no longer supported.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

FYI I removed my "Gobackmobile" plugin from here because it was made for 2.0x series. Things were fixed in 2.1. People should be using 2.2.1 anyway :)

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited September 2016

@schindler Also I should add, purposely using out of date software might not bother you, but it's not fair to your users who could have their info compromised. If a feature you want doesn't work, maybe consider hiring someone here to help if you can't code. Running knowingly insecure software is just bad form...and not cool to your unsuspecting members, no matter how good your intentions... Just my 2 personal cents...