HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

RelevantTitle Plugin is out of Beta

rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one"NY ✭✭✭

The RelevantTitle plugin version on the community addon space is now official. The following changes applied since the beta version:

• Better config setup error checking & messaging
  • Allow the plugin to run on mobile devices
  • Corrected typos
  • Support discussions moved across categories with leftover links
  • support SystemID created discussions
  • Support the Feed Discussions plugin (option to reject feeds that don't conform to the rules)
  • Enhanced reporting presentation (color, links to discussion)
  • Enhanced performance

The screenshots have been updated.

Thanks for all the feedback (especially R_J who offered some great pointers).

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited October 2016

I thought you said you were removing all the debug junk debug comments and debug code when you released the "official" code or did I misinterpret your stated intent. If it was not your intent disregard.

regarding explain, debugging, and lots of commented debug code https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/243353/#Comment_243353

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

The original beta had 110 debug function calls (really a tracing function). I removed 91 of those and commented the remaining 19. Of these, 11 are at the beginning of functions which clearly do not interfere with code reading.

The judgement call of leaving these few was a good one because it helped in quickly fixing a bug leftover from the beta. When I'll feel more comfortable that enough time passed I may remove more or all of these calls.

Now, as to referring to any of these as junk -- of course you are entitled to your opinion and can call it any way you want. I just don't think it is positive to label someone else's code as "junk" as it may discourage admins from using it. We're too small a community to afford that.