Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

preview post extension_

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2006
    Yeah, the plus is being turned into a space as per http standards. Adding something like text = text.replace(/\+/g, '%2B') somewhere in ShowPreview() should fix it.
  • Options
    NickENickE New
    edited March 2006
    Oh, never knew about that. Thanks for the heads up and fix.
  • Options
    I took a closer look at the code you posted, and noticed that it's trying to use encodeURIComponent(). Which is good, because encodeURIComponent escapes '+'s. Unfortunately, if encodeURIComponent is not available, it falls back to escape(), which does not escape '+'s. So it looks like the fix required would actually be to change text = (encodeURIComponent) ? encodeURIComponent(document[FormName].Body.value) : escape(document[FormName].Body.value); to text = (encodeURIComponent) ? encodeURIComponent(document[FormName].Body.value) : escape(document[FormName].Body.value.replace(/\+/g, '%2B'));
  • Options
    The version I have says 1.1 You have the newer one kicking around? Thanks
  • Options
    Does anyone have the actual php extension code?
  • Options
    An update to the extension page in documentation is definitely needed. Several of the links there aren't working anymore...
  • Options
    NickENickE New
    edited March 2006
    They should be there, and indeed will be there soon, but my host/account is just cursed to continually have problems. Give me a couple of days and it should be sorted out. Nevermind, just put them on googlepages.

In the meantime, though, you can download the php file here (no char limit or attachments would really help in situations like these).
  • Options
    I just tried this and it didn't work. I have preview.js set up and everything. I am guessing my version of vanilla (0.9.2.6) is the problem? Upgrading the beta is too taxing for me mediocre brain
  • Options
    @SirNot

Google Page Creator is having a little trouble with your site right now.
    This is not because of anything you did; it's just a little hiccup in our system that will hopefully go away soon. We apologize for the inconvenience, and recommend you try reloading this page.

If you need a place to host it let me know I have a few hundred MB on my server not being used :-)
  • Options
    I just tried this and it didn't work. I have preview.js set up and everything.

That's odd... It's one of the few extensions that actually does work for people. Unless for some reason the SCRIPT_FILENAME $_SERVER index isn't there; I think one other person had that problem. Try replacing the if(realpath($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'])...) //a preview? with $PreviewSelf = substr(str_replace("\\", '/', __FILE__), strlen(__FILE__)-strlen($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])); if(!strcasecmp($PreviewSelf, $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) && !defined('EXTENSION_IN_PREVIEW')) and see what happens.

@ccmehil: It's currently working fine for me, but I'll also put them on my own hosting account (to be) in the weekend.
  • Options
    Working now - great!
  • Options
    Thanks once again SirNot... Working great now.
  • Options
    Thanks for the extension!
  • Options
    Fatal error: Class previewform: Cannot inherit from undefined class discussionform in /home/answerus/domains/answerus.com/public_html/extensions/PreviewPost/default.php on line 49

is what i get after uploading js/preview.js and the extension plug-in when i click on a thread.
  • Options
    nm i got the version from /trunk/extensions and works ok now.
  • Options
    When i use the Preview Post Extension and i type things like ü,ö ä or ß there are just question marks displayed in the preview. When I post the comment it's shown correct.
  • Options
    wierd, I could have sworn it worked ok previously, but yes, I too have this problem, also with textile.
  • Options
    hutstein, 130 found a solution to this problem over in the vanilladev forum and it works for me.
  • Options
    The Solution works for me too, thanks
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    it works for me too man