Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not really a problem at all, just wondered what may be causing this and if it can be corrected

snootysnooty Florida
edited October 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I as admin (Matt) logged into my forum as a "regular" member to add some fake posts (its a new forum). I went to "Recent Activity" and and I found the included screen shot. Wonder why it says "delete user delete user":

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Because it shows a list, there are two deleted people plus matt who joined that day... If you delete people who join, the place holder is Deleted User...

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Well, have you created a user and then deleted it at some time before looking at the Recent Activity? Could these be banned users? See this discussion

• snootysnooty Florida
    edited October 2016

Well, to be honest, my name was coming up as a user 3 times. So, I deleted the other 2 "Matt's" and now this is showing. I guess its no big deal if I cant delete it.

@vrijvlinder Guess its normal then to show this? Just looks a little weird, but if its supposed to show this, I'm leaving it.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited October 2016

@snooty

If you were testing and the discussions, comments, categories and users, etc. were just tests and not part of production site,
    you can always drop the database, and delete the config.php. and start over. And then the install screen will pop up (if the config.php is deleted) and you can redo with a clean database and entirely new data.

if you tested a bunch of plugins some write to the database. Depending on the plugin, it might create extra tables, columns, and other things that is just extra baggage in the database. So, if you don't want to use the plugins or apps and were just testing or experimenting prior to production, you could redo everything.

if you want something clean after you are finished testing. which is probably a good idea before you go into production. Then you won't have all the baggage.

obviously that would be starting over with new data.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21751868/delete-a-database-in-phpmyadmin

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.