Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion Polls Questions/Bar Codes don't appear in Mobile Themes

Discussion Polls plug in works fine on regular site.

On mobile devices, the poll doesn't look bad, it's just completely missing. The discussion and all the posts look fine. If the first post says, "Here's a new poll, guys:," you can read the text fine, but nothing follows. It looks just like any initial post on a new discussion, minus the poll itself.

Looking at the code in the mobile theme files, this file seems a likely candidate:

public_html/themes/mobile/design/custom.css

Something is blocking the poll's voting options (and the bar graphs after you vote), and I suspect it's in this file. I assume it's an effort to reduce the amount of data for mobile devices. But our members are fine with it. There is some code about /* Hide Stuff */, and I suppose the code is suppressing part of the regular content, including the poll.

If anyone has any coding suggestions, I can give it try and report back.

Comments

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

public_html/themes/mobile/design/custom.css

this is the default mobile theme NOT the minusbaseline theme!

not a good idea to edit the default theme css.

copy custom.css (if none exists) to your new theme if necessary and edit there in your new theme folder.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

@help_me

it is easier to debug problems if you don't change default theme or default mobile theme folders or files.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26490/tutorial-how-to-create-a-new-mobile-theme

if you are using MinusBaseline, your config would be

you would change the

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] =

to point to your new theme.

however the instructions say this....

This is a mobile theme. If you are using vanilla version < 2.2,

add/edit this to your config:

$Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'minusbaseline';

you would also copy the custom.css to your new theme and edit there in the new folder.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• help_mehelp_me New
    edited November 2016

I'm being told this may be a DiscussionPolls issue, as we are using the basic mobile theme.

If I'm wrong, chime in here. If I'm right, I apologize for mis-directing this.

I'll be posting on the DiscussionPolls thread too.

This discussion has been closed.