Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Request Vanillicon 2 as PNGs

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi all,

Is there a way to request the Vanillicon 2 avatars as png's instead of svg's?

Just adding the suffix in and size doesn't seem to work in class.vanillicon.plugin.php.

Thanx for info,
phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• If I understand you correctly, you specifically don't want the vanillicon 1 avatars (that are pngs), but you want the vanillicon 2 avatars (that are svgs), but you want them converted from svg to pngs?

Can I ask why?

I'd assume the pictures of vanillicon 2 only exist as SVG, since it doesn't have an obvious point to have images in two formats on your server.

Is there a browser that can't handle SVGs or something?

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited November 2016

@Caylus: Thank you for your answer. Yes you are right, we are developing a Vanilla forum app and were looking for a solution to fetch the avatars as PNGs. But it's not a thing. We render them now as PNGs on request.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Ahhhh that makes sense. And the vanillicon 1 avatars are not pretty enough? Because they're PNGs, so you wouldn't have to convert anything.

I use V2 on the webforum, they have less grim emotions and SVG is less heavy in filesize. To be consistent the app forum will also run the V2's.

Almost there. SVG to PNG with Swift.

;)