Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't activate theme

GermontGermont New
edited November 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everybody! Really glad I finally installed Vanilla forum and have support for it.

This theme seem to have a cool design and also features. The problem is it doesn't activate, when I click apply, it just redirects to top.
I use Vanilla 2.3 with php 7 and php-fpm.
Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• wptolikwptolik Auroville
    edited November 2016

Hello @Germont.
    Thise theme includes plugins AvatarFirstLetter and AllViewed. If your forum have activated this plugins. Deactivate this plugins and after activate the Gopi theme.

• Can you put $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; in your config file and try to enable again?

It'll give you more informative errors.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@Anatoliy said:
    Hello @Germont.
    Thise theme includes plugins AvatarFirstLetter and AllViewed. If your forum have activated this plugins. Deactivate this plugins and after activate the Gopi theme.

It's a bad idea to bundle plugins inside of a theme. Specially if those plugins were written by someone else. Bundling plugins in a theme can basically break a forum. And the people who wrote the plugins are not responsible for the ones you bundled with the theme.

Why would you bundle plugins with a theme ???

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

@vrijvlinder said:

@Anatoliy said:
    Hello @Germont.

It's a bad idea to bundle plugins inside of a theme. Specially if those plugins were written by someone else. Bundling plugins in a theme can basically break a forum. And the people who wrote the plugins are not responsible for the ones you bundled with the theme.

Why would you bundle plugins with a theme ???

I'm glad you made some themes for the community @Anatoliy and update them as well.

I was thinking the same thing.

Why not just require them and allow users to download individual plugins, if they are necessary for the theme to work. or let them be optional.

The one thing about bundling the plugins into the themehooks is that, there may be fixes for performance and security in the plugins and your theme could potentially be using the older versions at a future date.

@Germont said:
    Hi everybody! Really glad I finally installed Vanilla forum and have support for it.

This theme seem to have a cool design and also features. The problem is it doesn't activate, when I click apply, it just redirects to top.
    I use Vanilla 2.3 with php 7 and php-fpm.
    Thanks!

If the duplication of plugins is not the problem.....
    If you have trouble activating other themes as well, do you have the correct permissions for your smarty compile folder and can you activate any theme from the dashboard, or do you just have trouble with this one.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• wptolikwptolik Auroville

@vrijvlinder said:

Thanks for the tip, I removed the plugs from the theme.

• Sorry for the delay, I was quite busy.
    It was just the plugins contained in the theme. With the new version, everything is fine.
    Thanks everyone!

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

@Anatoliy said:

@vrijvlinder said:

Thanks for the tip, I removed the plugs from the theme.

you are doing a great job responding to comments and adjusting your theme accordingly. Your theme is responsive and so are you. Excellent Job on the theme and on responding to user comments and updating theme at lightning speed.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.