Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Missing site description!

GermontGermont New
edited November 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I decided to use this theme.
Still... I am not happy that it doesn't show the forum description, even if I added it to that field:
Bodybuilding, weightloss, sex and more...

I wonder if search bots still can read it, even visitors don't.

Tagged:

Comments

• wptolikwptolik Auroville

If you want to display the description of your forum on main page then in file style.css remove style .P.PageDescription, in the 44th line.

• Thanks, it worked. Shouldn't it be better with description shown by default. Visitors should know what the forum it's about.
    Not to mention I would have to update the css every time you update the theme.

• You could make an extra CSS file that overwrites the Gopi theme's styles that you want to disable, thus preventing you from having to update the theme manually every time it's updated.

• @Germont said:
    Thanks, it worked. Shouldn't it be better with description shown by default. Visitors should know what the forum it's about.
    Not to mention I would have to update the css every time you update the theme.

you can always use this plugin for any customization you want.

https://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin

then if you update theme you will still have your changes intact.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.