Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Search placeholder in various browsers

hello!

If you try a search on this forum, the search keywords are displayed only in Chrome. But Firefox and IE11, not.
I used this article to optimise search box for WordPress in diferrent browsers. Maybe you could use it also for Vanilla?

Comments

• Options

Not sure what you mean by optimise. This unrelated to performance.

placeholder attribute works in most modern browsers , what is is non-standard is styling of place holder.

Works fine in firefox. So long as it is a normal text field you can do this.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2016

@Germont said:
    hello!

If you try a search on this forum, the search keywords are displayed only in Chrome. But Firefox and IE11, not.
    I used this article to optimise search box for WordPress in diferrent browsers. Maybe you could use it also for Vanilla?

since the ability of the different browsers to deal with certain conditions may be different.

maybe its a height problem with text when the custom.js adds the search box.

try this:

#search input[type="text"] {
     height: auto;
    }

you can install this plugin. and install it and then add the lines above and save.

https://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

@x00 said:
    Not sure what you mean by optimise. This unrelated to performance.

placeholder attribute works in most modern browsers , what is is non-standard is styling of place holder.

Works fine in firefox. So long as it is a normal text field you can do this.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/optimization

yes I think it is a fon size text vs. height issue in the input field in the popup/

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

It works just fine... And the plugin helps for so many rules, thank you!

• Options
    wptolikwptolik Auroville

Hi, I fixed it in version 1.5.