Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Login failed Microsoft Edge browser - solved!

jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I was just wondering; does anyone else have this problem: I cannot login to forum when using Microsoft Edge browser. All other browsers no problem (FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari)
The login popup appears but after trying to login, it keeps staying on the same page with the options: Sign in and Register
I am running 2.3 version

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

3 points for you for the reboot.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Who are still using IE based browsers in 2016 ?
    ('cause Edge is just IE 11 with new design)

• Options

@K17 said:
    Who are still using IE based browsers in 2016 ?
    ('cause Edge is just IE 11 with new design)

Actually, that is not true is a completely rewrite, almost a new engine.

Whilst I understand the fury against IE is well deserved, this is not so with Edge. The detail all their short comings publicly and how far they have to go in implementing standards.

If you want to take aim at any browser it would iOS Safari. it has all sort of bugs and quirks. They make no such declarations nobody knows what is goign on and it almost as if Apple as given up seriously developing a mobile browser.

As a developer iOS Safari has caused far more problem for me than edge, that have knock on consequences in the same was old IE versions did.

There was a period where Opera has all sorts of quirks, and that has very little usage these days.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I'm still in mourning because there is no Opera any more :heartbreak:

Nowadays I'm using Vivaldi which already has many of the features I loved when using Opera, but under the hood it is only Chrome and I really would have preferred Gecko underneath.

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I know it was for the joke ^^
    But everyday I use Opera and Opera Mini :)

(NB: Edge identify itself as IE 11 when u go on internet. It can be false now, but when I used it, it was true)