Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category accordion for version 2.3

indexoryindexory New
edited December 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello. I am trying to use the category accordion plugin for version 2.3, but it does not work. Does anyone know if an updated plugin exists in order to expand categories into subcategories and to collapse as needed. Thank you.

Comments

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2016

@indexory said:
    Hi River, thank you for the information. I already tried expandalbecategories plugin and it didn't work. I will follow the other two links that you provided. I haven't tried Panelboxtoggles yet. I will give feedback as soon as I try it. Thanks again.

don't know if any work, but did you test with default theme?

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• yes I did test it with the default theme

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2016

@indexory said:
    yes I did test it with the default theme

well done.

mark the plugins as broken, in the add-on page. unfortunate that they are not updated.

also look at the plugins if you see lines like this

$Sender->AddJsFile($this->GetResource('js/expandablecategories.js', FALSE, FALSE));
    $Sender->AddCSSFile($this->GetResource('design/expandablecategories.css', FALSE, FALSE));

change them to the proper format to add css and js.

$Sender->AddJsFile( the file name, the name of the plugin folder);

same with the css files.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• very good, thanks for the info!

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2016

@indexory said:
    very good, thanks for the info!

here is a sample of how to change things for all of the broken plugins, that are broken in this way.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/244833/#Comment_244833
    e,g, with the timeago plugin.

$sender->addJsFile('timeago.min.js', 'plugins/timeago'); // PROPER CORRECT STYLE

but since the Sender is capitalized in some plugins you may need to adjust accordingly

or

$Sender->addJsFile('blah.js', 'plugins/Blah'); // PROPER CORRECT STYLE

pay attention to upper and lowercase of folder name and the Send or Sender in the function name.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2016

@indexory said:

since you are new to forum. I'll re-gift this to you https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/frequently-asked-questions (avoid the table of contents the links don't take you to the questions in the faq and some questions in the faq are missing in the toc).

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited December 2016

@River said:

@indexory said:

since you are new to forum. I'll re-gift this to you https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/frequently-asked-questions (avoid the table of contents the links don't take you to the questions in the faq and some questions in the faq are missing in the toc).

the mod split this discussion and deleted their comments. https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/32947/rivers-problem-with-the-toc-in-the-faq

I've pointed out some of the omissions since editor of TOC was having difficulty finding them. It would be easier for me to point out question number to look at just by looking at TOC and point it out to you. But I've given up on effort to educate mod.

I've scanned a lot of plugins, it looks like many can't load js due to similar problem, but these addons will possibly never be updated but at least you know the trick. or maybe core will be re-adjusted to accomodate for problem you and others have experienced.

maybe someone could tie this to the broken expanadablecategories plugin.