Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Question on whispers

ugug
edited March 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
We are toying around with the latest svn rev 261 and had a few questions regarding whispers .. Scenario: Bob whispers Beth Beth gets the whisper and goes to reply however: Beth is presented with a "Whisper your comments to" field. Now if Beth adds a comment ignoring the "Whisper your comments to" field Bob will get the comment/reply but it will not show with a pink background just white. However if Beth adds Bob's name the "Whisper your comments to" field bob gets the new comment/reply with the pink background telling him its whispered to him. It seems that if Bob and Beth are both in a Private whisper to each other the "Whisper your comments to" field shouldn't be shown since it seems to be ignored anyways if another users name is entered. Beth should be able to reply to Bob without having to enter his name in the "Whisper your comments to" field and bob should get the comment/reply with a pink background showing it was whispered to him. Hope that scenario makes sense.. Any thoughts comments?

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You are correct. I've thought about changing that, but I haven't ever gotten around to it. You are the second person that I can remember to point it out since Vanilla was originally released (over?) a year ago...
  • Options
    ugug
    edited March 2006
    Any chance of changing it or is it not that big of a deal? :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Like I said, I've thought about changing it, it's just not that high on the list.

Rather than remove the input, I'd probably replace it with text like:

Your comments will be whispered to Beth

So that the implication is obvious...
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    But then, won't people wonder who 'Beth' is? ;-)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2006
    hehe... Okay, I've just changed it in Vanilladev. Now comments within whispered discussions will both be color highlighted correctly, and the whisper input will be replaced with the implied whisper recipient's name. Feel free to check it out: http://lussumo.com/vanilladev
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    Awesome.. Thanks for taking my suggestion and implementing it :) /donte
This discussion has been closed.