Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Market

Hello

Is there a plugin or another method to make a section of the forum as a market?
Users should be able to add products to sell with all the necessary information, payment methods, and more.
Is there something?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If I search for "market" I can find something... ;)
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/browse/all/recent?Keywords=Market

• I tried to install the plugin marketplace, requiring the installation of karmabank.
    I installed karmabank, I included some setting and the forum crashed.
    I had to uninstall it.

However from the plugin settings I read that only the administrator is authorized to sell the products

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2017

Yes marketplace is not really suitable for your use.

I would liken this to not using a hammer as a screwdriver.

Marketplace was never really a fully fledged commerce solution and although the framework can be used to develop all solutions, it might be better to find out what else is available.

Woocomerse is a good OS solution for self-hosted commerce built on wordpress. However I don't know if it could be adapted to allow you do hat you want.

What you are really asking is if there is something like amazon or ebay in software.I'm sure there is, but your site has to be worth using over them. Otherwise why bother?

If you know anything about about commerce solutions you would realise how complex and fraught translations can be that doesn't even get into dealing the merchant system, stock control, postage and handling. Ther si a lot of liability and legal requirement you must adhere to.

It might be that you wish to provide a directory much like gumtree, a much more informal system based on person to person arrangements. You could charge them for the advertisement.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks for the answer, I asked about this plugin for a simple reason.

I have a vanilla forum with many users, I'm trying to implement it on wordpress.

I could woocommerce or some similar plugin, but users should register again on wordpress to take advantage of the market.

Transfer all users of vanilla on wordpress do not think is the best thing since the amount, I think wordpress might have problems

• there is no issue of wordpress handling users, but you could actually have a SSO solution

grep is your friend.

• The SSO solution works on the registration of new users. In addition all new users are duplicated on both databases.

The main problem are the thousands of already registered users on vanilla forum ( around 80k )

I should duplicate somehow all of vanilla users in wordpress database, and then enable the sso

• vanilla hash has changed, but it used to be 1to1 parity. You may have to implement this version of phppass in wordpress.

You could test if the newer hashes work.

grep is your friend.

• I do not know phppass but now i go to study how it works,
    But I do not see how this would solve my problem?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2017

There is no plug-in that would meet your needs. I'm saying if you want a fully fledged e-commerce solution then you would need to integrate with some other system or pay someone to do that integration.

In practice sites like gumtree or craiglist don't need such solutions to provide a market place at least not initially. You could charge people for the ad.

grep is your friend.

• you have lower liability that way.

grep is your friend.

• Lets forget the fully e-commerce for the moment

Solutions like gumtree could be interesting.

I have a category "Market" on the forum very active.
    There is a plugin to get closer to a solution like gumtree?

On wordpress it would be simple, but then I could not integrate it with the category "market" already existing on the forum

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2017

There isn't a single plugin. Are you trying to monetise these sort of posts and with certain fields? Gumtree also expires ads.

grep is your friend.