Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

vanilla2export not working

Hi all,

I'm trying to export my existing SMF 2.0.13 forum into vanilla 2.3 but I'm encountering the error that msql cannot be loaded. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks,

HerUU

Comments

• Options

Tried again, getting this error now :
    "Error in Documenten/vanilla2export.php line 1675: (2) set_time_limit(): Cannot set max execution time limit due to system policy "

• Options

Anybody?

• Options

Do you have access to your php.ini file? You can use that to change the execution time limit

• Options

Unfortunately not.

• Options

Hmmm... The most easy and straightforward way may seem a bit tedious, but it's the only way I'm sure that'll it work without knowing your set up:

I'd personally recommend downloading XAMPP, so you can run a copy of your forum on your desktop computer:

https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html

Download all the files & database entries from your SMF 2.0.13 forum, put them in the XAMPP folder, import them into Vanilla, then upload all the Vanilla files & database entries to your webhost.

That also makes sure you've got a backup of your SMF forum, so that's nice too :P

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@HerrUU said:
    Tried again, getting this error now :
    "Error in Documenten/vanilla2export.php line 1675: (2) set_time_limit(): Cannot set max execution time limit due to system policy "

I'm not 100% sure. Either your problem is a time out or the fact that you are not allowed to change the time limit. Please try to comment the line 1675 of the porter script by Adding // at the beginning of line 1675.

If that doesn't solve your problem, please tell your hoster that you need to run a php script which needs a higher timeout and ask them if they can raise your timeout for a limited period. Most probably they wouldn't raise it for as long as you like, but it only needs to be changed so that you can export your old forum, that shouldn't be a problem.

• Options

Tried something really simpel and it worked!
    What I did : open the vanilla2export.php file and go to +/- line 1670. There you'll find this code :
    // Good src tables - Start dump
    $this->ex->useCompression(true);
    $this->ex->filenamePrefix = $this->dbInfo['dbname'];
    set_time_limit(60 * 60);
    Simply comment out the last line :
    // Good src tables - Start dump
    $this->ex->useCompression(true);
    $this->ex->filenamePrefix = $this->dbInfo['dbname'];
    /set_time_limit(60 * 60);/
    And believe it or not... it worked :awesome:

Thank you all for thinking with me :+1:

• Options