Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any plans to update this for 2.3?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Can't view settings in admin ("you don't have permission to do that"), and it looks like the views might be a bit outdated. Is anybody using this with 2.3 now?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited February 2017

I have only taken a short look at it, but I would say it is enough to add include_once(HOTTHREADS_PLUGIN_MODULES_PATH . '/class.hotthreadslistmodule.php'); on line 240 in the plugin file.

It would be great if you provide feedback if that change works, so a PR could be made on GitHub

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Will do, thanks!

Nope, didn't work :( Checking logs.

Can't get to logs till tonight, so can't debug yet. But via the site config file, I managed to change some of the settings.

Also, I added a bit of CSS to my theme to make the display match up with the rest of my site. Pick and choose what you like, the main bit people may be interested in is the font awesome flame.

#HotThreadsList h4:before { margin: 0 7px 0 -6px; font-family: 'fontawesome'; content: "\f06d"; }
    #HotThreadsList h4 { background: #7F171F; margin-top: -5px; padding: 16px; color: #fff; border-radius: 3px; text-transform: capitalize; font-weight: 400; font-size: 15px; position: relative;}
    #HotThreadsList h4 a { color: #fff; }
    #HotThreadsList h4:after {border-top: 7px solid #7F171F; }
    #HotThreadsList .Condensed { display: none; }
    #HotThreadsList .PanelInfo li a { color: #333; font-weight: 700; font-family: 'Roboto','Roboto','Arial',sans-serif;}
    #HotThreadsList .Footer { display: none; }

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited February 2017

I stopped working with Vanilla Forums about two years ago. When I released my plugins, Vanilla 2.1 was still in Beta. I didn't test that version at the time (it was not my target), let alone any newer versions. I reckon that other community members will be able to update the plugin for 2.3, when they have a bit of time.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2017

@businessdad said:
    I reckon that other community members will be able to update the plugin for 2.3, when they have a bit of time.

Only if you allow people/someone to take the plugin over. Or ask for it to be deleted so someone else can use the same key. You see this the problem with community donated plugins, themes and apps here that people have stopped supporting.

I recommend that if someone plans to abandon their work because they no longer find a need for it , that they give rights to the plugin directly to someone else. The way peregrine did with his work and others who did not mind that the plugin was improved and released as a new plugin.

But there needs to be some form of knowing that can be done... Maybe put a note on the plugin page that you are giving the plugin away to anyone who will foster it. Then the staff can remove it and you won't get notified when people need help with something you made and allow your work to be continued by someone else.

You can't Reckon anything because those who wish to continue or improve your work don't have the right unless you give it away..

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I'm afraid that you're incorrect. My plugins have public Github repositories, which anyone can fork or contribute to. You can find the link at the bottom of the plugin description.

The repositories have been available for over a year now, and they have already been used by people who wanted to inherit the work I've done (see the Steam Signon plugin). The plugin licence is GPL, so they are free to take and use as you please.

So, yes, I don't just reckon, I'm sure that anyone who really wants to extend what I've done can do so at any time, without any "formal transfer of ownership".

The biggest "hurdle" would be to create a new entry for the inherited plugin in the repository, for the new version, but that takes one minute at most.