Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to remove image and replace it with text?

I was wondering how I would go about removing the "sign in with steam" image and replacing it with text so i can style it like a button. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options

I seem to have solved my problem by removing the code starting at line 88 - 90
    (Img($Image, array( 'alt' => $ButtonTitle ))

Then add $ButtonTitle in it's place and it should work.

return Anchor( $ButtonTitle, $SigninURL, 'SocialIcon SocialIcon-OpenID HasText PopupWindow', array( 'popupHref' => $PopupSigninURL, 'popupWidth' => 800, 'popupHeight' => 550, 'id' => 'SteamSignIn', 'title' => $ButtonTitle ));
    what it looks like after modifying.

• Options
    GalexrtGalexrt New
    edited February 2017

From what I know, Valve disallows changing/modifying and even enforces you to use the original sign in image.
    As you already mentioned: To remove the image, change the Img($Image, array(...)) function to what you want.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Doing it that way isn't a solution, it's a hack. The disadvantage is that you risk losing all the work you do by now if you update that plugin.

To my opinion it should be able with CSS:

#SteamSignIn > img {
        display: none;
    }

#SteamSignIn::after {
        content: "Sign in with Steam";

background-color: #808080;
        color: #ffffff;

margin: 5px;
        padding: 5px;
    }

By the way: there is steam connect plugin offered by Vanilla. I do not know which one of both is better.