Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can I get my section markers # to work?

Hi, this should be quite a simple question...bootstrap related: I have a simple standalone web page in which I want to place a link to my bootstrap website, but not to the home page, rather to a section of the website called Contact. So my link looks like this right now:
get in touch
This takes me to index.html no problem, but it does not take me to the contact section of that website. When I refresh the link in the browser, though, it works and takes me to that section. So it seems to require a two-step process, and I can't understand why.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

This is no Vanilla question at all. If you guess that this is a Bootstrap question you might want to search for a Bootstrap forum.

But if you provide a link to that page there maybe someone here who can help, nevertheless. But without that link I doubt that anyone could really be of any help, sorry.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Can anyone enlighten me?

ok, Whenever you use # as the URL , it will stay on the same page and toggle something or if there is no js function, it will do nothing or refresh the page.

This is useful when your index.html contains all the sections in one sheet. Then you add some js that will either make it seem like it is opening a new window , or scroll to that section, whatever you tell it to do with the sections in your index.html . Yes it's a two part process. One, your index.html must contain all of the sections in the same sheet for practical purposes.

Look at my website if you want, so you can see how you can use the # as a url to toggle pop ups or menus . You will need js to make it happen. CSS too.

This will surly help https://jqueryui.com/

https://www.w3schools.com/jquery/