Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I am excited!

edited April 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've been waiting for this upcoming Apple announcement for their 30th anniversary (April 1st). I'm really hoping they announce the Intel iBooks then. However, April 1st is on a Saturday and some have said that Apple probably would hold an announcement during the week instead. Does anyone else know anything more about what Apple may be doing for their 30th?

Comments

• I've heard rumors of a cake.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Promotions, booze, and hookers is what I'm told.
  • woohoooooooooooooooooooo hookers!! :P
  • Apple is secretive, but all kinds of rumors from iPhone to completely new computer line have been flying. Personally, I think they might be up to something with their iPod lineup, since they are getting rid of the the top of the line video iPods. More than that I think they are just continuing their announcements of new intel Macs.
  • april fools? what?
  • April fools potential for Apple is beyond count. They could freak everyone out with something :D Steve has the funny and balls for it, go Steve go!
  • Is there definitely going to be some kind of accouncement/Apple get-together on Saturday - at least officially mentioned by Apple?
  • I don't think there is any official word regarding April 1st.
  • At the last macword, Jobs said that Apple would be celebarating its 30th bithday on the April 1st. I am not sure if he said there would be a product announcement of any kind though. I think they will do something. Just a new iPod or something. But, that is not out of the ordinary. Those things come out every other month.
  • I have a feeling in the back of my head that Apple isn't going to just let this opportunity pass by. This occasion has brought Apple stock high and additional announcements, even if they are announcements and not anything solid to offer the masses is going to make them look good for their investors. So I would say that there is going to be something happening. But that might come next week and not next saturday.
  • I doubt it will come on Sat. There is not enough publicity, and that is just not them.
  • Hmm, well this is a start. http://boakes.org/apple-ipod-space-advert
  • Seems more like very early April fool or just a cincidence that is being media hyped. My toes stay intact.
  • Bummer, nothing happened yesterday. Maybe within the next week, but probably not.
  • Well considering what happened last time, I think we're probably lucky.
  • Quoting Ned Flanders "This is my favourite kind of suprise.. mild!" That was for you Apple!
This discussion has been closed.