Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Migrate to Vanilla? Not sure yet... Need help!

Hi
I am looking for a forum software to migrate from vBulletin, and I like very much Vanilla, but I am not convinced yet.
My forum is about CATS, and I need a gallery, but the two plugins I have seen, the "newest" was updated for the last time over a year ago.
Also the themes I have seen, of the hundreads in the list, no more than 20 have been updated in the last year.

Could anyone help me?
(with a good reason to convince me? :))
Thanks a lot!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That can't be done. Why should anyone convince you to use free software ? That is crazy don't you think? it's like asking the person who just gave you a free soda, if it is any good...

You must try it out before you migrate to anything. Start a test forum and check it out.
    Fear from the unknown is useless.

If you asked instead what makes this different to what you have, then that is a good useful question. Because the answer is , ease of use and modification, adaptation and design.If you have simple understanding of the coding forces, php, CSS , JS, html and if you are smart and willing to learn more quickly.

The addon section is full of good things and obsolete things too. Not everyone that uploads addons ever updates them, some don't need to be further updated.

It's up to YOU the guy who is getting free software to determine if it works for YOU.

That said, I can plug most of my themes to work as expected and willing to help fix issues if people need me to. The same with my plugins.