HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Anyone interested in a theme collaboration?

Hi, I'm a designer, new to the Vanilla scene, and I'm interested in developing a theme with some UX tweeks for Vanilla. Any devs interested in collaborating?

Comments

• I swear I'm a good UX and graphic designer. :) Promise.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Yes! Ask me anything you like =)

But wait, I hope you are good at css, otherwise we are kind of lost...

• @R_J said:
    But wait, I hope you are good at css, otherwise we are kind of lost...

I'm "fair" at CSS. Really a beginner. Typically I hand off design comps to developers with annotated notes. What are your skills R_J ?

I know how to do things the right way in Vanilla, so that a theme would be easy to maintain and to update. I can provide code in order to make styling easier, if an additonal class or div is needed anywhere.
    I can add "features" to a theme like showing additional information - anything you would need a plugin for

But having to struggle with CSS makes me sick. If you find someone who does all the dirty work for you, tell him he can ask me anything he wants concerning Vanilla, but I will not get my hands dirty with CSS...

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@R_J said:
    But having to struggle with CSS makes me sick

• @R_J said:
    I know how to do things the right way in Vanilla, so that a theme would be easy to maintain and to update. I can provide code in order to make styling easier, if an additonal class or div is needed anywhere.
    I can add "features" to a theme like showing additional information - anything you would need a plugin for

But having to struggle with CSS makes me sick. If you find someone who does all the dirty work for you, tell him he can ask me anything he wants concerning Vanilla, but I will not get my hands dirty with CSS...

Fair enough, perhaps if you help with the larger architectural changes that would need to be implemented. My email is openartist@gmail.com, hit me up and perhaps we could discuss this more over email and skype.

If you cannot style a page and I do not want to, you should search for another partner than me.

If you find your partner and you need Vanilla specific help, write my a message or just post such a question here.