Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jsconnect gives users errors, and configuration panel is not accessible after upgrade

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade a client on Open Source Vanilla. I am going from 2.2.1 to 2.3.

After upgrade, I changed to Bootstrap Theme.

The client has SSO enabled. SSO users are no longer able to sign in after the upgrade. Users get the following errors after they sign in:

'Provider is required'
'UniqueID is requried'
'The connection data has not been verified'

Some users, including myself, get these errors, but are signed in anyways, despite being displayed these errors.

In addition, I am not able to edit the current jsconnect configuration, or create a new one. It seems like the whole admin section is bugged somehow.

Does anyone have thoughts on what the cause of this could be, or next steps for troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

Myles

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

How did you go about updating ? Did you disable plugins and then re enable them after update ? If you did not do this, then it might be the cause of your problems. Also, whenever you modify anything , you should delete the .ini files from the cache.

Go into your server error log and find the error description. Also sha1 one is n longer being supported so you must go through the plugin and change all the sha1 to sha256 asap.

Not doing this will affect all plugins that use authentication to connect and start a session. That means Facebook plugin and any other.

There is a very good tutorial about this plugin in the tutorial section.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    How did you go about updating ? Did you disable plugins and then re enable them after update ? If you did not do this, then it might be the cause of your problems. Also, whenever you modify anything , you should delete the .ini files from the cache.

Go into your server error log and find the error description. Also sha1 one is n longer being supported so you must go through the plugin and change all the sha1 to sha256 asap.

Not doing this will affect all plugins that use authentication to connect and start a session. That means Facebook plugin and any other.

There is a very good tutorial about this plugin in the tutorial section.

Thanks for the reply. I did not disable and re-enable all of the plugins post-update. For the update, I followed the instructions on the Vanilla forums Github. Should I disable all plugins before updating, or is it just necessary to do that after I update?

jsconnect is already using sha256 in its configuration, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Again, I appreciate the help.

Myles

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2017
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@myleskilos said:
    In addition, I am not able to edit the current jsconnect configuration, or create a new one. It seems like the whole admin section is bugged somehow.

Have you checked that the file permissions for the config file are correct?

Could you give a better description of "bugged somehow"?