Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SQL error: Data truncated for column 'Score' at row 1

When I try to enable the addon it's displays an error:

"Data truncated for column 'Score' at row 1"

I have version 2.3

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Do you have strict mode enabled in MySQL? That could be the reason.

• I have this exact issue but vanilla 3.xx, is there a way to make it not need strict mode disabled?

A plugin shouldn't require strict mode when Vanilla does not any more. So I will take a look at it. It would be great if you can test what I'm doing so that I do not have to mess around with my database.

• How to add new question for this addon?

If you want to ask a question concerning an addon, go to the addons page (https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/1645/rating) and search for a button called "Ask a Question". Clicking on it will start a new discussion (https://open.vanillaforums.com/post/discussion?AddonID=1645) and the author of the plugin will get a notification.

• Hi there,

for me this still is an issue. By any chance, did you find a fix for it?

Thank you!

• Plugins tries to replace Score column in tables Discussion and Comment to be int instead of existing float.

This is sql query which fails:

alter table GDN_Discussion change `Score` `Score` int not null default 0

I have replaced Score with ScoreRating so it will create new column instead of altering existing one. Still found anothewr issues on plugin like I can rate as much times as I want instead of restricting smae user to rate only once.

Also design is broken when rating is 10

• Even author commented taht this could be destructive:

I am thinking of possibility to introduce new table instead of adding new column. New column is easy way but with this aproach you lost info which user has rated some comment or discussion. If there is new table with info comment or discussion id - rating - user id then we will have a controll of user rating actions and will be able to stop using to hit more time rating for the same discussion.

• Just saw that there exists tables gdn_userdiscussion and gdn_usercomment so probably those tables are good candiates to operate with ratings.

Be careful! In Windows table names are all lower case, but they are meant to be case sensitive. Te correct name would be e.g. GDN_UserDiscussion.

Those tables are good to hold the information which rating a user has given. But if you want to show the overall rating of a discussion in the Recent Discussions list, you would need that information in the GDN_Discussion table